[C320-list] Mid ship cleat

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 14 10:41:21 PDT 2024

 Chuck Mueller's approach about drilling on the toe rail and bolting in a mid-ship cleat is the best way to go.  I have personally seen his installations. This avoids sideways stress on the genoa track that it wasn't designed for and possible damage to stanchions if the dock line is run in a manner to put stress in the wrong places (since the cleats would be inboard). However, I have not yet been brave enough to do the drilling Chuck did and trying to contort my body to be able to bolt these in place.
Dave Hupe
1994 C320 #32
Holland, MI