[C320-list] Very stiff shifting of Perkins M-30

Bob Borelli cassattc22 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 17 07:09:40 PDT 2024

I'm not sure of your problem.

The Hurth transmission manual states wait 2 seconds in neutral when shift from forward to reverse.

Shift from forward to neutral, wait 2 seconds, then shift into reverse.  etc.

Also fill the transmission fluid to the mark on the dip stick.  Dip stick not screwed into place.
I use a hand pump to remove trans fluid then add new to the dip stick mark level.

Bob Borelli  1995 C320 no. 209   Sassafras River MD