[C320-list] stanchion leaks

Christian ccaper at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 12:41:26 PDT 2024

"Mine were leaking a bit in places, so I just took the screws out cleaned
everything up and put some 5200 on them and put the screws back in. Not
sure if that the best but it's been working great for the past three years."

I don't mean this to sound critical.  I would not recommend using 5200 for
bedding anything.  5200 will eventually fail, and the item will need to be
rebedded.  And I find 5200 to be a complete nightmare to clean for
rebedding.  It makes cleaning silicone sealant (my mortal enemy) look like
a dream boat (no pun intended) job to do.

I like butyl.  Life Caulk is also likely a good choice.
-Christian