[C320-list] Advice for Channel Islands State Park

Dell Kronewitter dell at ieee.org
Sat May 11 08:43:43 PDT 2024

I always started with Smugglers Cove, south end of Santa Cruz Island.  Landing a dinghy there is a challenge but it's pretty well protected and a good harbor.   Easy to drop an anchor.

I've actually never had my 320 there but my previous C27 got there many times.  S/V Prime Ideal - loved that 1971 tank.   If the Santa Ana's are blowing Chinese Harbor is a better answer.    After that you can just keep going around the West side of the island and there are a bunch of other little coves which are great anchorages.

The Anacapa anchorages aren't too well protected - but they're OK.  (East side by the Isthmus was good)   If you need to you can stop there, but I suggest just going the extra 1/2 hour to Smugglers and Santa Cruz Island.

Dell Kronewitter
SV Checkmatey