[C320-list] Exhaust question

Bob Borelli cassattc22 at hotmail.com
Mon May 27 06:28:50 PDT 2024

What could be leaking water into the bilge so that pump runs every 15 minutes?

Water from exhaust only when engine running could be:

  *
Exhaust elbow and or gasket
  *
Exhaust hose to Muffler
  *
Aqua Muffler
  *
Exhaust hose from Aqua Muffler to overboard discharge.
  *
Raw water pump cover gasket
  *
Raw water pump supply hose.

Fresh water system use food color in tanks to locate possible leak:

  *
Forward, Aft, Hot water tank connections.
  *
Quick Connect 'Whale' water tube connections
  *
Water filter cannister
  *
Water pump
  *
Accumulator tank

Sea valve hose connections:

  *
Raw water supply to diesel
  *
Galley sink drain
  *
Head sink drain
  *
Shower sump pump drain
  *
toilet raw water intake
  *
Holding tank ovbd discharge

Miscellaneous:

  *
Ice melting in the reefer drains to bilge
  *
Shower water to sump pump hose
  *
prop shaft stuffing box
  *
anchor locker drain hose, if bow down & hose ruptured, ovbd discharge under water, water in.
  *
unlikely leak around keel bolts
  *
if its been raining that is a whole longer list
  *
galley and head under the sink drain connections