[C320-list] Tach running high

Wandering Star wanderingstar951 at comcast.net
Thu May 30 19:26:53 PDT 2024

I’ve had this happen in two separate instances. The first is that the tach started bouncing around and that was a signal to me that the alternator belt was wearing out and not tight enough.  The tach could not get a good read.  The second is that the tach remembers the last RPM based upon some sort of a relay. I wish I knew the proper terms, but I don’t. The needle on my tack will often times sit higher at rest because that’s what the gauge remembers based upon the last relay.  I’m looking forward to the multitude of you who will respond and adequately explain what I am trying to say.   :<
Sara
2000/#707