[C320-list] Hot Water Pressure at a trickle

Rich Allen randnallen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 14:11:20 PDT 2024

Do you see the same effect at the head sink and galley?  If so it points to
a restriction in the plumbing going to and from the hot water tank, or
within the tank itself.  When I winterize the fresh water system I bypass
the hot water tank and drain it - if this is how you winterize it may help
isolate where the restriction is happening.

All of the plumbing connections are located under the sinks, behind the
drawer assembly (which is held in place with 6 screws.  This is an area of
the boat worth becoming familiar with.  Lift the stairs up and hook them to
the companionway slide, then remove all three drawers (there is a toggle
stop on the back of each drawer which prevents them from coming out until
you turn the toggle to the horizontal position).  Once the three drawers
are removed, remove the 6 screws holding the drawer assembly in place and
slide it out (you could keep the drawers in while doing this, but the
assembly is heavier and harder to maneuver this way).  Once this is out you
can see the plumbing lines.

Description of the hot-water-bypass for winterization is here:
https://groups.google.com/g/c320-list/c/Xw6hoMkqDkM
https://www.c320.org/mediagallery/media.php?f=0&sort=0&s=20091018100728844
https://www.c320.org/mediagallery/media.php?f=0&sort=0&s=20091018100451183

Others will likely chime in with suggestions as well.

Hoping you find it is something simple.

Rich Allen
Destiny, 1995 C320 #265