[C320-list] Gypsy

KEN GEIGER kendgb at aol.com
Tue Sep 3 04:36:49 PDT 2024

#765 2000 has only a drum.  I put 2 wraps of rope around the drum and tail it and when the joint rope to chain arrives at the drum I tail a little harder until the joint clears and then continue with two wraps of chain.  When the anchor tips over the roller I stop and guide it past the furlling drum by hand and then tighten the chain with a jog of the windlass.
There have been posts here in the past about covering the drum with rubber and/or a rubber inner tube section.
Ken GeigerNorthern Dream #765

Sent from AOL on Android

  On Mon, Sep 2, 2024 at 11:33 p.m., Jack Brennan via C320-list<c320-list at lists.catalina320.com> wrote:   Again, the standard Maxwell 500 does not have a gypsy for chain. Yet some people apparently use it for chain. I'm curious as to how they do it.