[C320-list] Perkins Perama Poll

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 18 13:23:09 PDT 2024

I am at just over 1400 hours (and a fresh water boat). I replaced the heat exchanger tank, end rubber boots,  "radiator cap" and all engine hoses. I reused my exhaust elbow and heat exchanger tube. I installed a new engine water pump (seized up my first year) and thermostat and had my seawater pump rebuilt. My starter was replaced by a previous owner. My alternator is original.
I replaced glow plugs but otherwise my fuel system is running very well including original fuel tank (i will blame you Dan for bringing this up if i develop a problem 😄). I add Biobor JF and Diesel Kleen each fillup as appropriate based on gallons added. I have a slight oil leak that i think is the oil pan gasket but it is just a minor nuisance.
As well as my annual oil and oil filter change, i have changed my engine permanent antifreeze and my transmission oil at least every 2 years.
Dave Hupe
1994 C320 #32
Holland, MI
Yahoo Mail: Search, Organize, Conquer

  On Wed, Sep 18, 2024 at 2:27 PM, Dan Winsor via C320-list<c320-list at lists.catalina320.com> wrote:   Greetings all you proud perama persons and thank you for taking a moment to
participate in this poll. As some of you have read, I am renewing my
cooling system and have the engine torn down quite a bit, as well as the
surrounding articles. Point being, it will never be easier than right now
to perform additional work. I would like to know how many of you have had
to service things like starter motor, injection pump, injectors, head
gasket, oil pan, etc.
Thanks again,
Dan Winsor
Lucky Devil #109