[C320-list] Hoses for the Head

Greg Flanagan greg.flanagan at shaw.ca
Fri Sep 20 12:01:56 PDT 2024

I thought I would throw my experience in. I had a nightmare of hoses including a direct out flow installed by the charter company I initially had my boat with. Two years ago I removed the extra hose and replaced the hose from the head to the tank. I couldn’t get at the lower hoses easily so I left them. This spring I took out the holding tank, macerator, and all of the hoses. I cleaned up the hull and sterilized it. I then painted it with a high gloss bilge paint. I reinstalled the tank as it was deemed to be in good condition. I moved the deck plate for the macerator to a better place so I could minimize hose kinks. I added a 90deg elbow into the hose diverter (macerator/deck outlet) for a more direct route to the deck outflow hose. The paint makes the whole area really easy to keep clean. The macerator works much better as well.
I concur with the use of fresh water and the problems with using seawater. However, when out on the water and anchoring I use ocean water and add a enzyme to the tank. Coming into port I flush with fresh water and I only use fresh water in port.

Cheers,,

Greg
Hoop Dancer #1076
Sidney, BC