[C320-list] Water lift muffler

Doug Treff doug at treff.us
Thu Sep 26 13:25:46 PDT 2024

On Thu, Sep 26, 2024, at 3:34 PM, Louis Spitz via C320-list wrote:
> Thanks for all your inputs. I would still like to know if anyone
> actually installed an off the shelf muffler, like the Vetus or other
> brands, and if so, how they performed.

It's difficult to generalize because over the years there were 3-4 different engine configurations used on the 320 and each one of them could have different issues with the exhaust line routing and muffler capacity requirements.

I have heard of some who tried but in the end there were issues. I can't find the emails using search. But I did find the below information. I hope this is helpful.

Here's what Catalina Direct says about using aftermarket mufflers:

--
Doug Treff
doug at treff.us