[C320-list] Helene

--Bill ackermwi at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 29 16:52:19 PDT 2024

Our pilings are around 6 feet above typical high tide.  All my lines were tied higher than normal and doubled with one line slightly longer than the other.  Each was at a length such that when level from the tie-off point the boat wouldn’t touch the pilings.   Stern lines were crossed for extra length.  Spring lines are already long due to my piling configuration. I used spring lines on both sides.  I had one breast line to the winch on the expected windward side. I was worried about the breast line because it isn’t as long as the other lines so I tied it a bit long as an extra, hopefully not needed line. I also use fender boards at midship. Electronics that could be removed easily were kept ashore. Dock boxes were emptied. And it’s good to be lucky (so far, knock on wood).
—Bill Ackerman