[C320-list] Galley Sink Waste

Annie Bennett annie at sydneyprivatesailing.com.au
Fri Dec 2 00:16:47 PST 2005

My shipwright has today fitted a replacement pressure/temp relief valve for
the hot water tank under the galley kindly sent to me by Seaward Products.
I recently getting hot water in the bilge after a few hours of motoring.
However, in fitting the replacement valve, one of the wastes that the little
sink strainer basket fits into has cracked around the thread. My shipwright
has siliconed it as a temporary repair but said he doesn't know where he can
get a replacement waste to fit so I've emailed Catalina.  Kent at Catalina
was very helpful putting me in touch with Seaward products.  My shipwright
said the waste are plastic and not metal and are quite brittle and he wants
to replace the wastes in both sinks.  I know some people on the list have
had to replace the valve but has anyone else replaced the sink waste?

Allan, if "Sucky uppy" isn't yet an official nautical term, it most
definitely should be!  I racked my brains for a more technical term but
failed.  At least you knew what I meant.  The term also works well in
culinary terms meaning the action of sucking coffee or tea through a
chocolate tim tam biscuit - an Australian tradition.

Annie Bennett
Topcat #812