[C320-list] Waterline

Allan Field Allan.Field at comcast.net
Mon Dec 12 08:24:11 PST 2005

Yesterday I was down at the boat trying to clean the waterline.  The
starboard side - again this year - was fairly easy as the waterline sits out
of the water.  The port side is a bear-and-a-half due to the port list.  But
I got an idea - has anyone tried to raise the waterline?  It seems to me
that if the waterline was raised about an inch on the port side, one could
put bottom paint up the hull that extra inch and problem solved with trying
to clean the waterline.  Plus the list becomes less obvious.  But I have no
idea how blue 6-inch stripe just above the white waterline is applied.  Is
the blue line paint or is it a pigment in the gelcoat?  Or something else?
Any feedback or ideas would be appreciated.

Allan S. Field

Sea Shadow - #808

Herrington Harbour South

Rosehaven, MD