[C320-list] in boom furling

PDCatalina320 at aol.com PDCatalina320 at aol.com
Mon Dec 12 22:19:01 PST 2005

Rollie,Russ,Karl & Pat,  I went with Forespar's liesure furl. Yes,  you do
need a new main and it should be from someone who has made the sail  before and
has worked with the rigger before. Forespar has instructions for  both. Mine
has 5 full battens and is a very flat sail.  List cost is  $5,000,  and I got
mine installed for that. (plus cost of sail).  I  used my factory rigid vang,
just had to change to the stronger red springs to  suport the heavier boom,
(factory springs are yellow).  My system all came  from a local S.F. Bay rigger
who had many references.  Changing out the  goose neck takes a professional. I
have had it for one full season now and am  happy with it. It does make for
some longer winching the sail up and also you  have to winch the sail down. A
electric winch would help. Maybe later for  me.
  Hope this helps,   Paul,  Sobrante  #850