[C320-list] dipstick for Yanmar transmission

Dave White dwhite at punahou.edu
Thu Dec 15 15:34:32 PST 2005

Hey guys:  Could one of with the Yanmar check where the "full" line
is on your transmission dipstick?  It's the one with the orange
handle.  Mine is smooth on all sides, not a mark on it, no dent or
file mark indicating the full level.  Please measure below the
handle, just the tube, down to the full mark on your dipstick, and
let me know.  By the way, I have written up the story of our voyage
from San Francisco to Honolulu last June and sent it to Rod Boer for
possible inclusion in the next Mainsheet.  I haven't yet heard back
from him.  The 320 proved to be a very capable offshore vessel,
tougher than most of their owners, this writer included!  Dave

'99 C320, no. 624, Tradewind