[C320-list] cunningham

Stanley Rogacevicz SROGACEV at holycross.edu
Thu Dec 1 06:09:06 PST 2005

Jon,
   A second reef is also something I added about 5 years ago and only
used it a couple times just for the sake of using it because it was
supposed to be breezy those days - not because I really Needed it. In
different areas with different plans for the day or days long sails when
you have no other choices it would be more worthwhile but in and around
NGBay for mostly day sails and short island hops it was a waste of money
for me.
Stan
(formerly) Christy Leigh
c320 #656
Wickford/Narragansett Bay RI

>>> jonvez at comcast.net 12/01/05 7:53 AM >>>
On a similar note, for those putting second reefs in, how often do you
find you use it? I've sailed in the high 30's several times with a scrap
of jib and the standard single reef and the boat has stayed on it's
feet. I guess when it's time to put a second reef in, I'll have bigger
problems....Curious as to what others have experienced....
Regards,
Jon Vez