[C320-list] Thanks to the List

Stanley Rogacevicz SROGACEV at holycross.edu
Tue Dec 20 06:00:00 PST 2005

Roger,
   Well.... I hope us 'former' owners are still welcome. My first
thought was the c28 that got me into Catalinas from trailer sailors and
that I loved for 3 years. If you are looking for similar characteristics
that fits but I just checked Yachtworld.com and there are none in your
area. There is a c270 up in Rochester though and they are quite similar.
I would think the walk through transom might be even more of a plus in
fresh water.
   I think you might be disappointed with the sailing characteristics
of that IP27 for lake sailing but I don't know how the winds are in your
area. You are up close to Tartan country...aay.. so maybe the support
would be better than most.
   There certainly are times when I (and my wife even more) wish I
still had the Siren 17 parked in the driveway for a 4 mile drive in any
of 3 directions to 3 different lakes for a day sail instead of the 100
mile drive down to NGBay.
Enjoy !!
Stan
formerly 'Christy Leigh'
c320 #656
Wickford/Narragansett Bay RI

>>> rogerhare at alltel.net 12/19/05 10:06 PM >>>
As some of you may remember, we decided to put our 320 up for sale
after our
lake lost the equipment to easily handle her.  When our marina lost
its
large hydraulic trailer we had to have a transporter come in from 80 or
so
miles away to transport Synchronicity from her winter storage to the
launch
area, about 1 mile, at a hefty cost. We also found our life style
changing
with less time available for sailing. We moved her to Lake Ontario
last
fall, but the hour and a half commute was just not for us.  Bottom line
is
that we just closed on her sale.
Now, we are looking at smaller boats more easily maintained on our
lake
(Skaneateles -- one of the landlocked Finger Lakes in Upstate NY).  We
need
to keep displacement under 10,000 pounds, and width of cradle 69"
maximum.
Of course, we are spoiled because we loved our 6 years with
Synchronicity,
her looks and sailing characteristics.  She was one of the few things
we
have owned which always lived up to and continued to exceed our
expectations.  We would love to find something within our specs similar
the 320 in characteristics.
I think many of you have moved up from smaller boats, so I look forward
suggestions, comments, etc.  We are currently looking at a Tartan Piper
28.
Nice looking boat, well cared for.  We are also contemplating looking
at an
Island Packet 27, but are leaning toward the Tartan.  Does anyone have
any
experience they would like to share with these boats or others which
you
think may fit our needs?
As I have perused some other owner lists, I have come to even more
appreciate the activity and knowledge presented in the C320 list as
well as
the incredible work Jeff Hare has done with the website.
I plan to continue to view this list (I hope ok for an x-owner) because
it
has been so helpful over the years.
Again, thanks to all participants.  Happy holidays to all.
Roger E. Hare
X of C320, #592, Synchronicity
Skaneateles, NY