[C320-list] Thanks to the List

T. Scott Thompson sthompson at toad.net
Tue Dec 20 06:56:41 PST 2005

Roger:  I can't tell if you are looking primarily for a day sailer or a
pocket cruiser.  If the former you might take a look at the Colgate
26.  I first saw one of these at the Annapolis boat show a few years
ago when it first came out and thought it was a really fine design.  It
won the "pocket cruiser of the year" award from one of the sailing mags
(Cruising World, maybe?) but it's really a day sailer and it's main
advantages are a huge cockpit, and easy to use sail controls.  The boat
was designed for teaching at the Colgate sailing school so it's very
easy to sail and is stable and safe.  But it has enough performance to
be fun.  The Naval Academy has purchased a fleet, which is a pretty
good endorsement in my view.
T. Scott Thompson
sthompson at toad.net