[C320-list] Loose Wheel Pedestal Assembly

Dennis Harris dharris02 at vol.com
Fri Nov 11 06:30:34 PST 2005

On my boat (#694), the upper part of the Wheel Pedestal (the white
bracket to pedestal gaurd and assembly holding shifter/trottle/compass
has loosened allowing some play and movement when one pushes against the
pedestal guard. I assume that this is nothing more than loose screws
that have to be tightened, but to gain access, compass has to be
removed.  From other posts, I know to mark compass at several spots
against mating parts so that I can regain alignment.  I believe that
access to compass is through the two screws at top of black plastic top
on compass, and after removing these, access to the compass hold down
screws is gained. Has anyone had a similar problem?.....if so are there
any helpful hints on fixing the problem.  Can the pedistal mount
screws/bolts be tightened without removing the compass?  Thanks for any
assistance.

Dennis Harris  C320 #694