SPAM-LOW: [C320-list] Loose Wheel Pedestal Assembly

Barry Fahrer bfahrer at lisurveyor.com
Fri Nov 11 07:06:17 PST 2005

On my boat I noticed that I had a lot of play in the shift and throttle
levers.  It turned out that the problem was the compass cylander had broken.
This is the piece that conneccts the compass to the pedastal and in doing so
keeps the pedastal guard and levers in place.  I ordered a replacement made
by Edson but had to do a lot of modifications to get the compass to sit
correctly to the top of the cylander, which is made to fit the Edson
compass.
BTW Edson recomends that the steering mechanisims be adjusted and lubricated
on a regular basis.  There are maintanence kits available to do this but the
most important thing is to put some 30w oil on the chain and change the
wheel brake pads.
TRANSIT C-320 # 126
GLEN COVE LINY