[C320-list] Re: [catalina320] starter battery

Jeff Church jjemail at comcast.net
Fri Nov 11 09:20:41 PST 2005

JeffH

I'm a lightweight when it comes to electronics so please correct me if I'm
off track. It seems that the Echo Charger would be less likely to over
charge the starter battery. It only closes the circuit when charging voltage
is greater than 13.5 volts and the starting battery voltage is .5 to 1 volt
lower than the charging voltage. It also adjusts the amount of current flow
depending on voltage differential between the starting battery voltage and
the charger voltage. Do those features add up to significant advantages that
are lacking in the ACR?

Also, why does the Echo Charger decrease current flow rather than increase
it as the voltage difference increases?

JeffC