[C320-list] Engine Winterization

Steven Magennis magenns at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 17 13:21:25 PST 2005

You aren't using the pink stuff in the engine, the raw water loop (that
we winterize using the pink stuff is used to cool a recirculating
"normal antifreeze" system by way of a secondary heat exchanger.  The
raw water is then dumped into the exhaust to both cool and muffle the
exhaust gases on the way to the transom.

The pink stuff is OK for this use.

Steve
Alchemist #909

--- BAdams3491 at aol.com wrote:

> Two Questions:
>
> Nigel Calder says to run the same 'pink' stuff thru the engine to
> winterize
> it that we run thru the water system.  The label on the container
> says "Not
> for use in engines."  What does everybody else do?
>
> Does the water in the aqua muffler need to be drained?  If so, when
> starting
> the engine in the spring, will it fill back up by itself or does it
> need to
> be refilled?
>
> Okay, three questions.
>
> Thanks,