[C320-list] Starting Battery

Russell Monaco russgm at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 23 17:27:54 PST 2005

Karl-
 Did you see teh bit in the Mainsheet, I think it was a 350 where someone had installed PWC batteries as a starter? I was tinking about it, wondering what others thought.
 russ monaco
 commodore
 C320IA

"Karl Mielenhausen  _/) " <kmielen at iwon.com> wrote:
I'm planning on a dedicated starting battery for my Yanmar 3GM30. It seems most folks are using a Group 27 for this application. I would prefer a smaller battery to leave more room for my next project (golf car batteries for the house bank). According to my read of the Yanmar manual, at least 500 CCA are recommended as a start battery, which I can easily get in a Group 24.

1/ What size starting batteries have folks found acceptable?

2/ Are there any compelling reasons not to use an automotive battery (other than not having "marine" terminals)

Thanks...

Karl Mielenhausen

2000 C320 Hull#690 "Silver Lining"

New Bern, NC