[C320-list] Starting Battery

Jeff Church jjemail at comcast.net
Thu Nov 24 11:22:54 PST 2005

There has been some discussion on the C36 list about using a portable
jumpstart powerpack instead of a dedicated starter battery. Everstart and
Xantrex make powerpacks, there are probably many others. They seem like a
nice simple solution. Plug them in for a charge every 2 or 3 months and you
are set. If the house batteries ever drain too low to start the engine,
jumpstart the engine with the powerpack and you are back in business. In
addition, with the powerpack as a safety you can use your house batteries in
parallel (battery switch set to BOTH) and you will not subject them to as
deep a cycle as if you ran then individually. Is there a downside to this?

JeffC