[C320-list] cunningham

Robert E. Sloat resloat at comcast.net
Wed Nov 30 10:19:34 PST 2005

My experience on cunningham use is similar to Scott Thompson's.

With a 4 year old 320 and sails of the same age, I use the halyard almost
all of the time to move draft depending on the point of sail and apparent
wind.  Occasionally, I use the cunningham when the wind pipes up and on a
close reach or higher.

My cunningham adjustment is done at the mast.  For me, sometimes it is
easier to work the cunningham rather than taking the main sheet off the
starboard secondary winch after jam cleating it, then winching the main
halyard to tighten the luff and redeploying the mainsheet to the winch.