[C320-list] Removing Traveler

JimC320 at aol.com JimC320 at aol.com
Fri Apr 14 14:08:31 PDT 2006

Has anyone had sucess in removing the traveler track. I tried to take it  off
several years ago to replace the line organizers with a newer version so
that alll the sheves would turn freely. At that time I had no luck in geting the
4 main bolts loose ( the ones that go thru the deck) to be able to remove it.
So  I gave up and haven't tried since.

Well, It seems my plexiglass (1995 Hull) sliding hatch wanted me to try
again, so it decided to crack. Now I need to get the traveler track off so I can
remove the other cover which is under it, in order to replace the hatch.

Any sugesstions would be appreciated. For those who did get it off what  size
sledge hammer did it take 5 or 10 Lbs.

Thanks,

Jim MIlls
Elusive 2, 209