[C320-list] Air bubbles in Raycor filter...

Sailguy43 at aol.com Sailguy43 at aol.com
Mon Apr 17 09:52:58 PDT 2006

Hey,

While draining the Raycor filter of H2o and impurities I was using a very
bright light in the engine compartment instead of my usual 12volt service
light.
I was able to see small bubbles entering the Raycor primary filter from the
bottom position of the hand turning drain spigot.

After eight years I have never had an air lock problem in my fuel system.  I
drain the Raycor a couple of times a season but have never seen these tiny
bubbles
(Maybe I should ask Don Ho.)
I tapped the Racor a few times as it was draining off the gunk and saw a few
more air bubbles entering.  My boat will be lifted into the water next week
and I wonder if anyone has experience with this or opinions, as to weather or
not I should bleed the system again prior to run up.

Ken B.
C320  #467, North Light