[C320-list] How to add a Microwave?

Ben Waltuck benw at sun.com
Mon Apr 17 14:50:47 PDT 2006

I'm the proud new owner of a '96 C320, and she's scheduled to go in the
water this Thursday.

Can someone please let me know what brand and model microwave oven fits
into the galley cabinet?
I saw a Tappan microwave at West Marine that looked familiar from the
pics that I've seen in some of your albums, but I measured an opening
slightly smaller than the specs from Tappan, and I'm guessing that
there's some mounting bracket that I might want to install as well.

I emailed Catalina, who suggested that I contact the people at Seaward
Products.. they told me that their price would be ridiculous and
suggested that I just go to Wal-Mart..

Has anyone added a microwave, or did you all get it as a factory
installed option?
I'm wondering if the cabinet in the '96 is too small since I haven't
seen any 94, 95, or 96 C320s with the microwave...

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben Waltuck
Getaway #352