[C320-list] How to add a Microwave?

Mon Apr 17 15:01:15 PDT 2006

Samsung came with mine (hull#112, bought in 1994)...I've used it 3 times
in 12 years, it makes a great storage unit with a nifty digital clock!

cuba libre 2

             Ben Waltuck
             <benw at sun.com>
             Sent by:                                                  To
             C320-List-bounce         C320-List
             s at catalina320.or         <C320-List at catalina320.com>
             g                                                         cc

                                                                  Subject
             04/17/2006 02:50         [C320-list] How to add a Microwave?
             PM

              Please respond
                C320-List
             <C320-List at catal
               ina320.org>

I'm the proud new owner of a '96 C320, and she's scheduled to go in the
water this Thursday.

Can someone please let me know what brand and model microwave oven fits
into the galley cabinet?
I saw a Tappan microwave at West Marine that looked familiar from the
pics that I've seen in some of your albums, but I measured an opening
slightly smaller than the specs from Tappan, and I'm guessing that
there's some mounting bracket that I might want to install as well.

I emailed Catalina, who suggested that I contact the people at Seaward
Products.. they told me that their price would be ridiculous and
suggested that I just go to Wal-Mart..

Has anyone added a microwave, or did you all get it as a factory
installed option?
I'm wondering if the cabinet in the '96 is too small since I haven't
seen any 94, 95, or 96 C320s with the microwave...

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben Waltuck
Getaway #352