[C320-list] Head Vent

Chris Holt oldman1030 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 18 11:28:34 PDT 2006

I was having problems with the head at the end of last season.  It was pumping very hard and even leaking a bit of water down were the head is resting on the fiberglass when pumped.  After talking with some people I was pretty convinced that it was a venting problem.  I removed the vent  from the outside of the hull by unscrewing it.  It came off and sure enough it was badly corroded and with it off the head pumps perfectly.  I went to get replacement part and the new vent they gave me at West Marine wasn't the screw on kind.  I actually have to insert it through the hull and screw on a nut from the backside to secure it.  This looks like the same vent I've seen on the newer C320's.

I would really like to avoid having to try to get to the backside of that vent and just get a new screw on piece that would screw right on to the threads already coming through the hull.  Does anybody know what the part number is of that type of vent and/or where to get it?

Thanks,

Chris