[C320-list] Coolant or Water in Engine

Annie Bennett annie at sydneyprivatesailing.com.au
Wed Apr 19 16:20:23 PDT 2006

I took for new boat for a 5 minute motor at the weekend to see if the
lenghening of the governor to the steering cable has made the boat more
manouevrable.  Very pleased, the new boat now spins in the same tight circle
under power as the old boat.

I noticed the visible plastic coolant bottle for the engine (can't remember
it's proper title) was empty.  The dealer topped it up with tap water.  I
questioned this saying shouldn't it be coolant?  The dealer said you don't
need coolant in Australia - I think he meant because of the climate.  Is he
right?  I'd feel much happier with coolant and when we take over the boat
will get the mechanic to do a full service.

Annie Bennett #1073