[C320-list] Dropping Rudder

Mark Calisti mjcalisti at msn.com
Sat Apr 1 19:50:28 PST 2006

Steve,

We just had our cutlass bearing changed after five seasons. Our marina had
an apparatus which allows the cutlass bearing to be extracted without
dropping the rudder. Catalina also sells the tool, but said that most full
service marinas should already have one. Anyhow, they completed the job in
about two hours, which is about average. Catalina rep said job takes
approximately 1.5 to 2 hours.

I have attached a drawing of the tool from Catalina. If it gets removed
prior to be posted to the list, e-mail me directly and I can send it to you.

Mark Calisti
Wayward 749