[C320-list] New boat woes

MHOPK2290 at aol.com MHOPK2290 at aol.com
Sat Apr 8 19:24:02 PDT 2006

Thanks guys for the support !!!
I guess my frustration was showing , there was a punch list prepared and no
action has been taken for 60 days . the boat is hull number 1074 and it was
built in florida .

The general level of fit and finish ( showing ) is good ..not great  but ok
there are tool marks in the fibreglass on the engine surround , below the
sink etc( looks like somebody went after it with sandpaper , this i didnt
notice untill recently  and in certain light conditions )
The dealer has a sterling reputation and i believe the holdup is on
catalina's end .
Catalina has a great following in my area and many loyal owners .
it may be new production line woes ( does that mean my mast will fall down
next ?)
this boat was meant to be an intermediate step to a larger boat for some
serious cruising , it still will be .( but the next boat wont be a catalina  ).
Again none of the items on the punch list were dealer added items they were
factory installed .
one last note ..probably overreacting but i sent an email to catalina on
their website asking about how i could go about buying a second set of
hatchboards ( good to have when varnishing etc ) the response was a one sentence
answer "call the factory and a number"
I promise no more venting

wishing i had my old boat back
thanks