[C320-list] New boat woes

Annie Bennett annie at sydneyprivatesailing.com.au
Sun Apr 9 01:45:34 PDT 2006

Hello #1074.  I'm almost your neighbour as I'm #1073.  It sounds as though
my boat must have been the last boat build in LA.  Re your bilge pump -
which I hope they've got working now - make sure they put a piece of wire
gauze over the end of the pipe that sucks up water in the bilge as the bilge
pump will easily stop working if it sucks up dirt - which will definitely
happen if your fresh water tanks leak and wash the crud under the floor
boards down into the bilge.  Our dealer puts silicon around the caps on top
of the water tanks to stop this happening.  I also recommend you put wire
gauze over the hole in the shower drain to prevent long hair being sucked
into the bilge.  Getting hinges fitted to the floor of the engine box will
make checking the oil much easier - and follow this list as you get so many
ideas to fix problems you may not know you have.
Best wishes with your boat.  It all usually sorts itself out eventually.
Annie Bennett