[C320-list] Speed Seal

Scott Thompson sthompson at toad.net
Mon Apr 10 10:25:38 PDT 2006

I did this and put a writeup on the website before it got rebuilt.
Don't know if it's still there.  Bottom line is that while I could
easily remove the cover, I still couldn't actually remove the impeller
without unmounting the water pump to turn it around.  It still saves
time, and I only have to deal with four large thumb screws rather than
six (?) little screws easily dropped or stripped.  Same engine as you,
BTW.  I guess I'm glad I did it, but it would be a much bigger deal if
the water pump were not mounted "backwards."