[C320-list] new boat terrors

Richard A. Walker dickwalker at att.net
Wed Apr 12 14:46:04 PDT 2006

Come to the regatta so you can see how many boats are set up and get great
technical information.

Don't sweat the program.

The main thing to do is to check every system.

1. For example turn on the refer and check its temp.  It should read at #4
about 38 degrees.  The units get shaken on the highway and most reefers need
servicing.
2.Put fresh water in the bilge and make sure that both the automatic and
manual pumps work.
3.Check the engine oil
4. Check the transmission oil.
5. Check the shaft seals
6. Check the stove, know how to turn it on.

In my owners manual and should be yours a 3-5 page list of things to check
on commissioning.  Plan to spend 2 days with the dealer going over each
item.  You will eventually need to find and know what each item is.

If you are getting an autopilot make sure that it is commissioned.  Check
you navigation instruments, radio.  Sail the boat check both sails and the
engine controls.

See below also......

Cheers,

Dick Walker