[C320-list] new boat terrors

Walter burnett selkie2003 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 12 22:39:13 PDT 2006

Susan,

  I'll add to Al's comments regarding USCG documentation.  The reason most marine lenders require USCG papers is that they can enfore the loan provisions through admiralty court rather than the state civil courts.  The bottom line is that in case of a loan default it's easier for the lender to reposess the boat. There are some other mysteries worth knowing about documented vessels, including flying the national ensign, crew, mechanics liens and that the government can commandeer your beloved boat in time of war. Chapman's Piloting has a pretty good discussion on the subject.

  The Florida plant does seem to be experiencing some minor start up problems, but as others suggest, work with your dealer.  You will love the boat,  it's one of the best designs GerryD. has created.

  Walter
  Selkie #887

alahlm at comcast.net wrote:
  susan
you can file document papers your self with the coast guard, I believe it still cost $133.00 just go to the CG web site an click on services an then click on vessel documentation once your registered annual renewal is free

al ahlman

From: moondancer5 at comcast.net