[C320-list] C320 Jib

mail at landspring.net mail at landspring.net
Thu Apr 13 15:54:54 PDT 2006

Good points.  The winds are a bit fickle; especially around the San Juans
and Gulf Islands.  It seems to me that I'll be letting out or furling the
jib a bit or fully, and also using the engine when the winds die off.  The
issue with fickle winds is that I have no motivation to change the
headsail, as the wind can fall off as soon as it's on.  In SF Bay, you can
set your watch to the wind strength, so an infrequent sail change was not
as issue.

I've seen 40+ knot winds here during storms; whatever sail I have out will
be furled at that point...

That said, I don't have a lot of experience yet up here, so your
experience is helpful.