[C320-list] Insurance survey

Richard A. Walker dickwalker at att.net
Mon Apr 17 09:49:54 PDT 2006

Russ and interesting idea.  I have found that the big items are:

1. The waters, for example in our case from Point Conception CA to Ensenada
Mexico.  The coverage is much more along the California coast north of Point
Conception and to the coast of Mexico to the south.  We do not have
hurricanes.
2. Sailing experience.  USA give a deduction to those with Coast Guard
Licenses, Qualifications such as Officer of the Deck or Commanders of Naval
War Ships, etc. since they have by law passed the tests for navigation,
rules of the road etc.  It does not mean that they are good sailors but do
have sea experience.
3. Obviously deductions and personal labiality coverage.

A) Year of boat, 2000
B) Location, San Diego Bay
C) Insurance Co., USAA
D) Annual Premium, $786
E) Anything - This covers $117K property damage, $300K liability, $10K
medical, $300K uninsured Boater, and other things like personal property,
towing.

Cheers,

Dick Walker
740 Olive Ave.