[C320-list] How to add a Microwave?

Stanley Rogacevicz SROGACEV at holycross.edu
Tue Apr 18 04:39:03 PDT 2006

   Popcorn and an occasional powdered packet type meal (ignore that
blasphemy Adam) is all I installed mine for but I was disappointed in
its popping ability. I'm pretty sure I used the .5 cu ft Origo mentioned
running off a Xantrex 1000w inverter and it couldn't properly pop the
full size bags but did ok with the snack size. It was a turntable model
and a poorly popped full size bag would fill the cavity which may or may
not have been part of the problem. It seemed to handle the other quick
heating/re-heating tasks that microwaves do best ok.
Stan
(formerly) Christy Leigh
c320 #656
Wickford/Narragansett Bay RI

>>> benw at sun.com 4/17/2006 11:00 PM >>>
Thanks for all of the responses/information.

The microwave is really just going to be a popcorn maker in the slip,
and I suspect that you're all right that it'll get used 3 times.. but
my
wife wants her popcorn.

Russell Monaco wrote:

>i think i am in the same category of many, (keep in mind my 320 has a
microwave) what do you do with it?  Like Orlando said it is a good place
to store stuff, but if mine broke, i don't know how I would find out, so
replacement would not be an issue.
>russ
>
>Jeff Church <jjemail at comcast.net> wrote: Ben,
>
>In 2003 I had some trouble finding a replacement at any of the usual
retail
>stores. I eventually bought a .5 cuft Origo #3252 micro from Defender
for
>$145. It is a little deeper than the original micro, but it fit with a

>little work to anchor it in place.
>
>JeffC
>1998 #545

Seaward