[C320-list] How to add a Microwave?

Dave Anderer danderer at udel.edu
Tue Apr 18 05:12:45 PDT 2006

Pretty much everyone I know with the Honda generator loves it.  That
said, I think it is overkill for simply running the microwave
occasionally.  A 1kw inverter, at 1/4 the price, will do it.

Now I'm only on the hook for 2 days or so at a time, and the batteries
should carry that load fine.  I don't need to run hair dryers and TVs
and computers and..  Clearly your usage patterns may differ, and you may
come to a different conclusion.

Personally, the last thing I want is yet-another-gas/diesel-engine to
take care, something else to store on-board, and different fuel to carry
on-board.  But that's me.