[C320-list] Hull speed

Steve Magennis magenns at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 20 05:26:48 PDT 2006

Hull speed on our C-320 is 7.09 knots.  All that means is that it takes
a whole lot of energy (or surfing) to get our boats going much faster
than that (has to do with wave mechanics).  I know one other owner who
has had his up to 14 knots, surfing with the spinnaker up in the
Chicago -Mackinac race.  Said he was on the edge of disaster.

Under power with a clean bottom and flat water, I have had the
Alchemist up to 8 knots (GPS and speedo), but I burned up a whole lot
of dinosaurs doing it.

Be happy with the speed you achieved.  It's entirely believable and a
whole lot of fun.

Steve
Alchemist C#909