[C320-list] Insurance survey

jonvez at comcast.net jonvez at comcast.net
Thu Apr 20 12:50:36 PDT 2006

Russ,
The latest Practical Sailor just did a comparative on this topic. They picked Florida, the Great Lakes and New England and requested insurance quotes from several companies. Overall they found BoatUS to be the lowest--in general. But the bottom line is that the responses (and customer service) does vary widely by many factors. Location, age of boat, skipper experience, how you use the boat, etc.
For me:
I use Zurich, pay about $870 with coverage from April 1st to December 1st, 300K liability, 89K replacement, 890 deductible....

Jon Vez
Solstice #582
Boston, MA

From: Russell Monaco <russgm at yahoo.com>