[C320-list] Insurance survey

John Van Vessem jvanvessem at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 21 17:33:19 PDT 2006

Year of boat: 1999
  Location: Vallejo, CA
  Insurance:  Allstate
  Premium: $303
  Cash Value of boat up to $84,000
  Equipment $8,400
  Liability: $300,000
  Medical payments: $1,000
  Emergency Service: $500

Russell Monaco <russgm at yahoo.com> wrote:
  I was wondering with such a large group what the situation is with boat insurance. Since we all have the same boat, and they are mostly within 10 years of age of each other, theoretically we should all pay about the same thing for insurance(if we were in the same place). But I bet alot of differences exist, maybe this is some way we can figure out if one company treats us better than another, and of course we can also figure out what some of the geographical differences are, I have a feeling people on the Great Lakes pay alot less than people in Florida as one example. I have a feeling Liability coverage/premium differences won't be so great, or such a big component in our policies (at 7 MPH we don't do much damage) but I think most of our premium is of the boat being damaged by weather variety.. So feel free to pull out your most recent bill and let us know the following:
A) Year of boat, B) Location, C) Insurance Co., D) Annual Premium, E) Anything else I didn't think of.
Maybe we could even negotiate a group rate???
Russ Monaco
Commodore C320IA

PS-I just thought of this, so I can't provide my data until I get home tonight (in case you were wondering why I didn't volunteer the first piece of data).