[C320-list] Hull speed

Jerry Brown jbrown03 at sympatico.ca
Fri Apr 21 16:40:33 PDT 2006

At the end of last season on Lake Ontario we were wing on wing with a single
reefed, full batten, main and a 150 Genoa unreefed and saw 9.4 knots surfing
for extended periods, dropping to 8.5 off the surf  in 35knots of wind.
That lasted for about 20 mins when  we had to close reach and the speed
dropped with a half furled genoa to about 8.5 knots.  The Wing on Wing was
exciting but only really possible because the wind was absolutely steady and
even then a couple of time I wondered who was in charge.......

Jerry Brown
Indigo #925
Toronto ON