[C320-list] Starting Battery

Quentin Murphy qmurphy at sympatico.ca
Wed Apr 26 10:06:07 PDT 2006

Thanks for the crucial answer.  Now I know the engine should be connected on
any of the three battery switch positions.  My boat has not been modified as
it only has 110 hours on the engine and they replaced all the halyards last
year as they look "slightly discoloured". In other words, it was a venue to
have desert and drinks. Definitely my gain! They sold me the boat probably
to move "up" to a 51-foot Carver (the model with three air-conditioning
systems and a 250-Volt/50-Amp shore-power plug).

I'll bring down my Fluke multi-meter this evening and start tracing the
fault which now I know is there and must be repaired.  I presume there are
in-line fuses between the batteries and the battery switch?  Thanks for the
info.

Quentin Murphy
Celtic Knot #667