[C320-list] Starting Battery

Scott Thompson sthompson at toad.net
Wed Apr 26 09:28:50 PDT 2006

You should be able to start the engine with the battery switch in "one",
"two" or "both."  It sounds like you have a blown fuse or loose or
corroded connection somewhere between battery one and the switch.

The "engine" vs. "house" labels are suggestions only.  The wiring is
completely symmetric, except possibly for the bilge pump.  (I forget
which battery the bilge pump is wired to.)  My standard practice is to
alternate between them.

This assumes that no one has modified the standard battery
configuration.  Many boats have had dedicated starting batteries added,
in which case you may have a third battery you haven't found yet in your
"new" boat.

Scott Thompson
Surprise, 653