[C320-list] Forums vs. email-list  (was thongs.. :)

Allan Field Allan.Field at comcast.net
Mon Aug 28 15:22:00 PDT 2006

All,

I've learned a lot of interesting and useful things on this "email bulletin board" but, you know, I'm inclined to agree with Bert. This email approach to a bulletin board has its limitations. (Like getting 50 emails a day or more!) To be practical, if there were a lot more members being verbal, this could easily climb into the hundreds per day. To be honest, I was thinking about cancelling my email-membership a while back but couldn't figure out how to do it!

CRA
Rosebud #882

Jeff - My vote is that what you have set up is perfect.  Regarding the thong
thing, I was there when it happened and enjoy the back-and-forth that seems
to revive itself every 6 months or so.  However, the thread on the boson's
chair did not really mean much to me as I have my own way thank you very
much and I didn't see much on the e-mails that was going to change my mind.
So I just started deleting.  Never underestimate the power of the delete
button!  And Jeff, thanks again for all you do for us. - Allan