[C320-list] Fresh water head-flush plumbing

K L sfca33 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 6 17:07:43 PDT 2006

I took a different approach to using fresh water to flush the head. I
recently installed a new Raritan PH-II head and took the opportunity to
replumb the water intake to the head. My sink drain now runs into a Y-valve
(Bosworth 94AB-3/4). One line from the Y-valve runs to the head sink outlet
and the other runs to a T in the head toilet sea inlet. This way I can use
the sink as it was designed, and the head with sea water as it was designed
or, I can switch easily to using the sink to supply fresh water to the head.
If I do use sea water in the head, at the end of the day I can flush the
entire system with fresh water.

Ken Danko
Grace, #802